The Killer Soundtrack: David Fincher is directing, I wanted to use a soundtrack that included the entire cast of The Killer. They were used as a device to draw the audience into The Smiths’ character’s story.
“The Killer” Eighties-loving misanthropes feature a soundtrack almost exclusively by The Smiths in David Fincher’s The Killers. When It’s Not Working Together with Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross’s score.
The Killer Soundtrack 2023
This new upcoming film is directed by David Fincher from a script by Andrew Kevin Walker. The analog grid revolves around the French graphic novel series of the same name, written by Alexis “Matz” Story Nolant and illustrated by Luc Jacquemon.
The film’s supporting cast includes Arliss Howard, Charles Parnell, Kerry O’Malley, Sala Baker, Sophie Charlotte, and Tilda Swinton.
It will have a limited theatrical run on October 27, 2023, but will be broadcast on Netflix by November 10, 2023.
Who is the composer of The Killer?
The soundtrack of Sonic Superstars is composed by various artists including Atticus Ross, and Trent Reznor. You can find more info about the soundtrack by listening to it on Apple Music.
Atticus Ross: Atticus Matthew Kapoor Ross is an English musician and composer. In 2010 he won the Academy Award for Best Original Score for The Social Network. However, in September 2023, the soundtrack will include songs by the English rock band The Smiths.
Trent Reznor: He is an American musician, singer, songwriter, record producer as well as a musician. He serves as the lead vocalist, multi-instrumentalist, and principal composer of the rock band Nine Inch Nails, which was formed in 1988 and was the only official member until 2016.
Additional Film Music of The Killer Soundtrack
- Well I Wonder – The Smiths: “Well I Wonder” is composed by The Smiths. The song’s lyrics hint at a feeling of longing and truth, saying, “Are you listening to me soul time?” There are lines like.
- How Soon Is Now? (12’’ Version) – The Smiths: “How Soon Is Now?” is a song by The Smiths that describes the story of a man whose unwanted shyness has linked him to a romantic gangland1. The song is apparently about Smiths singer Morrissey’s battle with severe shyness.
- Hand In Glove – The Smiths: “Hand in Glove” is a song by The Smiths that has been interpreted in various ways. The song sounds like a touching love song, with the title metaphor used to describe a relationship where the two parties involved are extremely close to each other, as if “hand in hand”.
- Glory Box – Portishead: “Glory Box” is a song by the British band Portishead. The song’s title, “Glory Box”, particularly in Australia and New Zealand, refers to a storage unit in which women keep belongings in anticipation of one day getting married.
- Fiesta Latina – Qbanito: “Fiesta Latina” is a song by Cubanito. It is featured on the soundtrack of the film “The Killer”. The song is played during a scene where the killer is searching the register of a taxi company.
- Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now – The Smiths: “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now” is a song by the famous English indie rock band The Smiths. The song, known as one of the Smiths’ most explicit songs, is filled with pitiful lyrics, with protagonist Morrissey basically telling off the world.
- Girlfriend In a Coma – The Smiths: “Girl Friend in a Coma”, a song by The Smiths, has been interpreted in various versions. The song focuses on the event as a contrast to the singer’s girlfriend being in a coma, with the conclusion of the piece revealing that she has ultimately died.
- Shoplifters of the World Unite – The Smiths: Various interpretations of the Smiths’ song “Shoplifters of the World Unite” have been given. The song focuses on the event as a difference to the singer’s girlfriend being in a coma, with the determination of the piece indicating that she has ultimately died.
- Unhappy Birthday – The Smiths: This is “Unhappy Birth” by The Smiths which is a unique event, offering a unique approach to birthday celebrations. At first glance, this is a simple, straightforward song about someone who may seem like he doesn’t want to celebrate his birthday.
- This Charming Man – The Smiths: “This Charming Man” is a classic song by The Smiths that describes a protagonist’s struggle with self-expression, style, and social conveniences. The song is about a narrator who punctures his bicycle tire while driving to pieces across town.
The Killer Soundtrack also includes:
- Can’t Help Myself (feat. Clara Jo) – nok nok & Tkettle
- Pray – Ryden
- Stray Beast – James Saaib
- There Is a Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
- I Know It’s Over – The Smiths
- Bigmouth Strikes Again – The Smiths
- Chopstick – Orlando Angelo
- Pop Pop – Avalanche The Architect
- Another Level – Crewsont
- Better Than – Gretchen Parlato
Original Soundtrack of The Killer
The Killer Soundtrack: Here is a complete list of The Killer Soundtracks. You can listen on Spotify, YouTube, Amazon Music, Apple Music, and other various platforms.
- The Killer
- The Hideout
- Stick to the Plan
- The Sunshine State
- Consequences Are Automatic
- Empathy Is Weakness
- Never Hesitate
- The Brute, Pt 1
- The Brute, Pt 2
- The Expert
- Gonna Have to Call You Back, Marvin
- One of the Many