Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack: Surviving Summer Season 2 is a Netflix original series that follows the adventures of Summer Torres, a teenage girl who loves surfing and moves to Australia with her family.
The series is a family drama that explores themes such as friendship, romance, rivalry, and self-discovery. The series stars Sky Katz as Summer, Kai Lewins as Fin, João Gabriel Marinho as Marlon, Savannah La Rain as Bodhi, and Lilliana Bowrey as Poppy. The series also features Olympia Valance as Elo, Annabel Wolfe as Wren, and Josh MacQueen as Baxter in the second season.
The second season of Surviving Summer was released on PlayStation on September 15, 2023. The season consists of 10 episodes, each approximately 30 minutes long. The events of the first season begin one year later, offering training with his friends for a summer national surfing competition.
However, things get complicated when a new rival, Aloe, arrives and challenges Samar on the waves and for the boy she loves. The season also explores relationships and conflicts between other characters, such as Finn’s struggle with his father’s expectations, Marlon’s secret crush on Bodhi, Bodhi’s discovery of his biological mother, Poppy’s jealousy of Wren, and a shady deal.
Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack (Theme)
The theme song of Surviving Summer season 2 is Let Me Go, sung by American singer and actress Hailee Steinfeld. The song is a pop-rock anthem that expresses the singer’s desire to break free from a toxic relationship and pursue her dreams. The song was written by Steinfeld, Justin Tranter, Julia Michaels, and Mattias Larsson, and produced by Larsson and Robin Fredrickson.
The song was released in 2020 as the lead single from Steinfeld’s debut studio album, Half Written Story. The song was chosen as the theme song for Surviving Summer Season 2 because it reflects the main character’s journey of self-discovery and his passion for surfing.
Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack (Composer)
The composers of Surviving Summer Season 2 are Pascal Babere and Cornel Wilczek, who also scored the first season of the Netflix series. Babar is an Australian singer-songwriter and producer who has worked on various TV shows such as Offspring, The Heights, and The. Unlisted.
Wilczek is a Polish-Australian composer and musician who goes by the stage name Qua. He has also composed music for films and TV shows, such as Clickbait, The Dry, and Stateless. Together, they created a score that blends acoustic and electronic elements to capture the mood and atmosphere of the series.
Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack (OST)
Here is the tracklist of Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack (OST):
- Let Me Go: The title is Let Me Go, but I’ll assume you’re referring to Hailee Steinfeld and Alesso, featuring Florida Georgia Line and Watt.
- The song is a pop song released in 2017 as part of the collaboration album Friends Keep Secrets. The song is about a couple who are in a relationship that is not working out, and they decide to let each other go and find someone else who can make them happy. The song was written by Steinfeld, Alesso, Ali Tamposi, Andrew Watt, Brian Lee, and Jamie Liddell, and produced by Alesso and Watt.
- Money: The song was written by Steinfeld, Alesso, Ali Tamposi, Andrew Watt, Brian Lee, and Jamie Liddell, and produced by Alesso and Watt. The song was commercially successful and reached the top 10 in several countries such as Australia, Canada, Sweden, and the UK.
Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack Episode 1 also includes:
- I’m Not Your Toy
- I’m Yours
- Summer’s Theme
- Ocean Eyes: Ocean Eyes is a song by Billie Eilish, an American singer-songwriter and musician. It is the lead single from her debut EP, Don’t Smile at Me, and the soundtrack album to the film Everything, Everything. The song was written and produced by her older brother, Finneas O’Connell, and was originally written for his band.
- Waves: The song was released on 30 September 2016 as the lead single from their debut EP, Same Kind of Different. The song was written and produced by Lewis himself with Nick Atkinson and Ed Holloway.
- The song was commercially and critically successful and reached the top 10 in several countries such as Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, and Poland. The song also received several nominations and awards, such as the ARIA Award for Best Video, the APRA Award for Song of the Year, and the MTV Europe Music Award for Best Australian Act.
Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack Episode 2 also includes:
- Surfing With The Alien
- Fin’s Theme
- Malibu: The song is a pop rock song released on May 11, 2017, by RCA Records as the lead single from her sixth studio album, Younger Now. The song was written and produced by Cyrus and Oren Joel. The song is about Cyrus’s relationship with her then-fiancé and now ex-husband Liam Hemsworth, whom she met while filming the film The Last Song in 2009.
- The song expresses her love and happiness with Hemsworth, and how they rekindled their romance after a brief breakup in 2013. The song also reflects Cyrus’ change from her previous controversial image to a more mellow and mature image.
Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack Episode 3 also includes:
- California Dreamin’
- Surfin’ USA
- Elo’s Theme
- Someone Like You: Someone Like You is a song by Adele, an English singer-songwriter and musician. It is the fourth single from her second studio album, 21, released in 2011. The song is a piano ballad that expresses the singer’s feelings of heartbreak and nostalgia after a breakup with her former partner. The song was written by Adele and Dan Wilson, who also produced it. The song was inspired by a real-life relationship that Adele had, which she described as “the most intense, passionate relationship I’ve ever had.”
Surviving Summer Season 2 Soundtrack Episode 4 also includes:
- Stay With Me
- Love Story (Taylor’s Version)
- Perfect (Acoustic)
- Summer’s Lament
- Thunderstruck (Live)
- Eye Of The Tiger (Survivor Cover)
- Competition Time (Score) Pascal Babare & Cornel Wilczek
- Someone You Loved (Lewis Capaldi Cover) Camila Cabello
- Shallow (Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper Cover) Kelly Clarkson & John Legend
- I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston Cover) Ariana Grande & Jennifer Hudson
- A Thousand Years (Christina Perri Cover) Pentatonix