Love at First Sight Soundtrack: Love at First Sight is a romantic comedy film that will be released on Netflix on September 15, 2023. It is based on the novel The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith. The film follows Hadley, a young American woman who misses her flight to London, where her father is getting married.
She meets Oliver, an attractive British man who is traveling to London, and they share an affair on the plane. However, they lose each other at the airport and have to find each other again in the city. The film stars Haley Lu Richardson as Hadley, Ben Hardy as Oliver, and Jameela Jamil as the narrator. You can watch the official trailer here.
Love at First Sight (Theme)
The theme of the film Love at First Sight 2023 is similar to that of the novel The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, written by Jennifer E. Smith. The theme is about how unexpectedly and serendipitously love can happen, and how it can change the direction of one’s life in a matter of hours. The theme also explores the role of luck and chance in love and how the smallest decisions can have the biggest consequences.
The theme is expressed through the main characters, Hadley and Oliver, who meet on a flight to London and feel an immediate attraction to each other. However, they lose touch at the airport and have to find each other again in the city while dealing with their personal issues. The theme is also reflected in the title, which suggests that there is a mathematical probability of finding love at first sight, but also suggests that it is a rare and special occurrence.
Love at First Sight (Music)
Love at First Sight (OST) is the original soundtrack to the 2023 Netflix romantic comedy film Love at First Sight, starring Haley Lu Richardson and Ben Hardy. The soundtrack includes songs from various artists such as Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift, Sam Smith, Adele, and others.
The songs are mostly in the pop genre, with some elements of rock, soul, and folk. The soundtrack also features a score composed by Daniel Pemberton, who also worked on the music for The Trial of the Chicago 7 and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
The soundtrack was released on September 15, 2023, the same day as the film’s premiere on Netflix. You can listen to the full soundtrack on Spotify.
Love at First Sight Soundtrack (OST)
Here is the tracklist of Love at First Sight (OST):
- Perfect – Ed Sheeran: Perfect is a song by English singer-songwriter and musician Ed Sheeran. It is the fourth single from their third studio album, ÷ (Divide), released in 2017. The song is a romantic ballad inspired by and dedicated to Ed’s wife, Cherry Seaborn, whom he met when he was 11 years old.
- The song expresses his love and admiration for her, and how he feels they are perfect for each other. The song features a simple acoustic guitar accompaniment, with some orchestral elements added in the chorus. The song was produced by Ed Sheeran and Benny Blanco, who had also worked with him on previous hits such as Shape of You and Castle on the Hill.
- Love Story – Taylor Swift: Love Story is a song by English singer-songwriter and musician Taylor Swift. It is the fourth single from their second studio album, Fearless, released in 2008.
- The song is a romantic ballad inspired by and dedicated to a boy who was unpopular among her family and friends, and whom she was not “officially” dating. The song uses William Shakespeare’s tragedy Romeo and Juliet as a reference point but gives it a happy ending with a marriage proposal, in contrast to Shakespeare’s tragic conclusion.
- Stay With Me – Sam Smith: Stay with Me is a song by English singer-songwriter and musician Sam Smith. It is the fourth single from their debut studio album, In the Lonely Hour, released in 2014.
- The song is a gospel-inspired ballad detailing the protagonist’s one-night stand pleading with her not to leave him. The song was written by Smith, James Napier, and William Phillips, with additional credit given to Tom Petty and Jeff Lynne due to similarities with Petty’s song I Won’t Back Down. The song was produced by Steve Fitzmaurice and Jimmy Napes.
- Someone Like You – Adele: Someone Like You is a song by Adele, an English singer-songwriter and musician. It is the fourth single from her second studio album, 21, released in 2011. The song is a piano ballad that expresses the singer’s feelings of heartbreak and nostalgia after a breakup with her former partner. The song was written by Adele and Dan Wilson, who also produced it. The song was inspired by a real-life relationship that Adele had, which she described as “the most intense, passionate relationship I’ve ever had.”
Love at First Sight Soundtrack also includes:
- I’m Yours – Jason Mraz:
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- You’re Beautiful – James Blunt
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- All of Me – John Legend
- I Will Always Love You – Whitney Houston
- Make You Feel My Love – Bob Dylan
- Your Song – Elton John
- At Last – Etta James
- The Blood – Mica Levi
- Love at First Sight (Main Theme) – Daniel Pemberton
- Flight to London – Daniel Pemberton
- Lost and Found – Daniel Pemberton
- Wedding Bells – Daniel Pemberton
- Happily Ever After – Daniel Pemberton