The Club Season 2 Soundtrack: The Club Season 2 is a Turkish drama series that follows the lives of Matilda, a former convict who works at a nightclub in 1950s Istanbul, and her daughter Rasel, who rebels against her mother’s past. The series features many songs that reflect the mood and atmosphere of the era, such as jazz, tango, and classical music. The Club Season 2 is the second part of the series, which consists of five episodes.
The first part of the series has six episodes and was released on Netflix on November 5, 2021. The second part of the series is expected to be released on Netflix sometime in Q2 2022.
The Club Season 2 continues the story of Matilda and Russell, who encounter new openings and mysteries in their life. Matilda tries to hook up with Mordo, a young man who works in a nightclub before Russell leaves for Israel. Russell struggles to adjust to his new life and identity in a foreign country.
Meanwhile, nightclub manager Celebi, who has a complicated relationship with Matilda, leaves the club and tries to redeem himself. The series explores the political and social turmoil in Istanbul in the 1950s, as well as the romance and drama between the characters.
The Club Season 2 Soundtrack (Theme)
Club Season 2 is a Turkish drama series that follows the lives of Matilda, an ex-convict who works in a nightclub in 1950s Istanbul, and her daughter Rasel, who rebels against her mother’s past.
The series features many songs that reflect the mood and atmosphere of that era, such as jazz, tango, and classical music. The theme song of the series is Masal by Ender Akay, which means “fairy tale” in Turkish. The song’s lyrics are about dreaming of a better life and finding love. The song plays during the opening credits and some emotional scenes.
The Club Season 2 Soundtrack (OST)
The series’ soundtrack is composed by Ander Ake, who also sings the theme song Masal. The soundtrack consists of Ender Akay’s original songs, as well as cover versions of some classic songs by other Turkish and international artists. Some songs from the soundtrack are:
Here is the tracklist of The Club Season 2 Soundtrack (OST):
- Masal by Ender Akay: This is the theme song of the series, which plays in the opening credits and in some emotional scenes. The title means “Fairy Tale” in Turkish, and the lyrics are about dreaming of a better life and finding love.
- Masal by Salih Bademci: This is a cover version of the theme song, sung by one of the main actors of the series, who plays Selim, a journalist who falls in love with Matilda. He performs this song at The Club in episode 7 of season 2.
- La Cumparsita by Gerardo Matos Rodríguez: This is a famous tango song that originated in Uruguay in 1916. It is considered one of the most recognizable and popular tango songs in the world. It plays in episode 8 of season 2, when Matilda and Çelebi, a mysterious man who helps her uncover her past, dance together at The Club.
- Bir Bahar Akşamı by Münir Nurettin Selçuk: This is a classical Turkish song that was composed in 1934 by Münir Nurettin Selçuk, a prominent singer and composer of Turkish art music. The title means “A Spring Evening” in Turkish, and the lyrics are about longing for a lost love. It plays in episode 9 of season 2 when Matilda and Selim have a romantic moment on a boat.
- Blue Moon by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart: This is a popular American song that was written in 1934 by Richard Rodgers and Lorenz Hart, two of the most influential songwriters of the 20th century. The song has been recorded by many artists, such as Frank Sinatra, Elvis Presley, and Billie Holiday. It plays in episode 10 of season 2, when Rasel and Ismet, a young man who works at The Club and loves her, reunite after a violent riot in Istanbul.