Dumb Money is a 2023 American biographical comedy-drama film which is directed by Joe Craig Gillespie and written by Lauren Shuker Blum as well as Rebecca Angelo. It is based on Ben Mezirich’s 2021 book The Antisocial Network and details the GameStop short squeeze of January 2021.
The film stars are Paul Dano, Vincent D’Onofrio, Pete Davidson, America Ferrera, Anthony Ramos, Nick Offerman, Sebastian Stan, Shailene Woodley as well as Seth Rogen.
Dumb Money premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival on September 8, 2023, and was released in select theaters in the United States by Sony Pictures on September 15, 2023, before expanding into wide release on September 29, 2023.
The film is about the crazy true story of ordinary people who flipped the script on Wall Street and became rich by turning GameStop into the hottest company in the world.
About the Dumb Money (2023)
In Dumb Money, Keith Gill (Paul Dano) is a working-class guy who invests his life savings in buying stock for GameStop. He works as a YouTuber named Roaring Kitty, who gives his subscribers investing tips and encourages them to invest in GameStop.
As the stock rises and Gill and his followers get richer, the billionaire hedge fund firms find themselves losing, turning both parties’ lives upside down.
Additional Soundtrack of Dumb Money
- WAP (feat. Megan Thee Stallion) – Cardi B: “WAP” is a song by Cardi B featuring Megan Thee Stallion. The song is classified under the genres of rap, hip-hop, and trap. The official audio of the song has received over 312 million views on YouTube. It was released on August 7, 2020.
- Humble – Kendrick Lamar: Humble is a song by Kendrick Lamar. It was released on March 30, 2017. The song is categorized under the genre of hip-hop. The official music video of the song has garnered over 930 million views on YouTube.
- I’d Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That) – Meat Loaf: “I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That)” is a song written by Jim Steinman, and recorded by American rock singer Meat Loaf with Lorraine Crosby. The song was released in August 1993 by MCA and Virgin as the first single from the singer’s sixth album, Bat Out of Hell II: Back into Hell.
- The song is classified under the genre of Wagnerian rock. The official music video of the song has received over 1.2 million views on YouTube.
- Seven Nation Army – The White Stripes: “Seven Nation Army” is a song by the American rock duo The White Stripes. It was released on 17 February 2003 as the lead single from their fourth studio album. The song is classified within the genre of Wagnerian rock.
- Boss – Little Simz: “Boss” is a song by Little Simz. It was released on September 23, 2018. This song is featured on the album Gray Area.
Original Soundtrack of Dumb Money (OST)
Dumb Money Soundtrack also includes:
- Roaring Kitty
- You Make Me Wanna Purr (feat. Kitty Dynamo) – Mark Batson
- Kitty Runs
- Stack It – Kay Ro$e
- LITT (feat. Boom Boom) – Mark Batson
- 21 – Darko
- Better Man (feat. Blake Yung) – Mark Batson
- Oz – See You Next Year, Sash
- I Say Hold
- They’re Holding
- The Hearing
- Run Naked
- Cheers Everyone
Dumb Money Soundtrack (2023): The soundtrack is available on Spotify, where you can listen to the entire album of songs and the score. You can also watch the official trailer of the film on YouTube, where you can get a glimpse of the story and characters. The film is streaming on Netflix from September 29, 2023.
(External Link: Dumb Money Soundtrack)