Cassandro Soundtrack: “Cassandro ” is a 2023 American biographical drama film directed by Roger Ross Williams in his narrative directorial debut. The screenplay was written by Ross Williams and David Teague. The film stars Gael García Bernal, Roberta Colindrez, Perla De La Rosa, Joaquín Cosío, Raúl Castillo, El Hijo del Santo, and Bad Bunny.
The film tells the story of Saúl Armendáriz, a gay wrestler from El Paso, Texas who regularly crosses the border to Ciudad Juárez in Mexico to participate in lucha libre wrestling matches. He wrestles as El Topo until he meets a new trainer, Sabrina, who suggests he should compete as an exótico, leading to his new identity and increasing success as Cassandro.
The film tells the story of Saul Armendariz, a gay wrestler from El Paso, Texas, who crosses the border into Ciudad Juárez, Mexico, to regularly participate in Lucha Libre wrestling matches. He wrestles as El Topo until he meets a new trainer, Sabrina, who suggests he should compete as an exotic, which would lead to his new identity and a new identity as Cassandra.
“Cassandro” had its world premiere at the 2023 Sundance Film Festival on January 20, 2023, and was released by Amazon Studios in a limited release on September 15, 2023, before streaming via Prime Video on September 22, 2023.
Cassandro Soundtrack (Theme)
The theme song for the movie “Cassandro” is “I Will Survive”. This song is played when Cassandro, the main character, makes his entrance and the whole audience sings along. The song is a disco hit by Gloria Gaynor and it’s a fitting choice for the film as it reflects Cassandro’s resilience and determination.
Cassandro Soundtrack (OST)
The soundtrack of the film “Cassandro” contains a variety of songs. Musical score is by Marcelo Zarvos
- Seis Pistoleros: “Seis Pistoleros” is a song by Selectracks, which is part of the soundtrack for the movie “Cassandro”. The song is available on various platforms including Spotify and YouTube. It’s part of an album by Selectracks released in 2019, which includes 11 songs. The song has also been featured in other movies and TV shows.
- Danza de la Lluvia: “Danza de la Lluvia” is a song by Yawar Killa from the album “Danza de la Lluvia”. The song is available for streaming and download on various platforms including Wynk Music.
- Cumbia Jaja: “Cumbia Jaja” is a song by Grupo Karo’s. It was released in 2006
- Pachanga: “Pachanga” is a genre of music described as a mixture of son montuno and merengue and has a distinctive style of dance. This type of music has a festive, lively style and contains witty, mischievous lyrics.
- Pachanga originated in Cuba in the 1950s and played an important role in the development of the Caribbean style of music as it is today. Considered a major contributor to the eventual rise of salsa, pachanga is itself a branch of the charanga style of music.
- She’s Got You: “She’s Got You” is a country song written by Hank Cochran and first recorded and released as a single by Patsy Cline in 1962.
- The song is an upbeat jazz-pop song with country backing vocals. The song’s theme revolves around the material possessions of a lost love. It is about a woman who longs for her lost love by looking at photographs and material possessions that remind her of him and what she has lost.
- Me Vuelvo Loca: “Me Vuelvo Loca” is a song by Andy Gonzales from the album Tejano1. The song is available for streaming and download on various platforms including Wynk Music and JioSaavn. It’s part of the soundtrack for the movie “Cassandro”. The song is a lively tune that perfectly complements the vibrant energy of the film.
Cassandro’s Soundtrack also includes:
- La Dona Es La Jefa:
- I Will Survive
- Muñeca De Jalisco
- Llámame (Call Me)
- Yes, Sir, I Can Boogie
The soundtrack for the movie “Cassandro” is available for streaming on Amazon Prime Video