Last Night In Soho Soundtrack: Last Night in Soho is the soundtrack and film score album of the 2021 Scotch horror film of the same name directed by Edgar Rest. Both albums were released on November 1, 2021, under the Back Lot Music record label under the titles Original Motion Picture Soundtrack and Original Motion Picture Score Score.
The former consists of a compilation of songs inspired by 1960s music, covering a wide range of genres, while the latter consists of tracks from the original score composed by Steven Price. The film featured The Worlds It marked Price’s third collaboration with Wright, following The End (2012) and Baby Driver (2017). The soundtrack and score, later released on double vinyl, were published by Mondo on 17 and 31 December 2021.
Wright collected samples from many records and cassettes of the 1960s and presented some popular tracks to fit the script, which was later compiled into the album. Those tracks influenced several scenes in the film. The score and soundtrack received positive critical reception and received several awards and nominations.
Last Night In Soho Soundtrack
Last Night in Soho is a 2021 British psychological horror film directed by Edgar Wright and co-written by Wright and Christy Wilson-Cairns. The film stars Thomasin McKenzie, Anya Taylor-Joy, Matt Smith, Rita Tushingham, Michael Ajao, Terrence Stamp, and Diana Rigg.
It revolves around Eloise Turner, an aspiring fashion designer who has the strange ability to be transported back to the 1960s. The film premiered at the 78th Venice International Film Festival on September 4, 2021, and was released theatrically in the UK and US on October 29, 2021.
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Last Night In Soho
- “A World Without Love” Peter & Gordon 2:41: “A World Without Love” is a song recorded by British duo Peter & Gordon and released as their debut single in February 1964. The song was written by Paul McCartney and credited to Lennon–McCartney. This song is approximately 2 minutes and 41 seconds long.
- “Wishin’ and Hopin'” Dusty Springfield 2:54: “Wishin’ and Hopin'” is a song recorded by Dusty Springfield in 1964. The song was written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David1. This song is approximately 2 minutes and 54 seconds long. It was included on Springfield’s debut album, “A Girl Called Dusty”.
- “Don’t Throw Your Love Away” The Searchers 2:16: “Don’t Throw Your Love Away” is a song written by Billy Jackson and Jimmy Wisner originally released in 1963 as the B-side of “Bon-Doo-Wah” by The Orleans. The Searchers released their version of the song in April 1964, which became a hit and reached number 1 on the UK Singles Chart and Irish Singles Chart. The song was included on the band’s album “It’s the Searchers”. This song is approximately 2 minutes and 17 seconds long.
- “Beat Girl” The John Barry Orchestra 1:47: “Beat Girl” is a 1960 British film about the youth rebellion of the late fifties. The title character is played by starlet Gillian Hills, who later played several minor roles in 1960s and 1970s films such as Blowup and A Clockwork Orange and became a successful “ye-ye” singer in France. The music was performed by The John Barry Seven and Orchestra.
- “Starstruck” The Kinks 2:21: “Starstruck” is a song by The Kinks. It was included in the soundtrack of the 2021 film “Last Night in Soho”. This song is approximately 2 minutes and 21 seconds long.
- “You’re My World” Cilla Black 2:59: “You’re My World” is a song recorded by Cilla Black in 1964. The song was written by Carl Sigman, Umberto Bindi, and Gino Paoli. This song is approximately 2 minutes and 59 seconds long. It was included on Black’s debut album, “Cilla”. The song reached number 1 on the UK Singles Chart and number 26 on the US Billboard Hot 100 chart.
- “Wade in the Water (Live at Klooks Kleek)” The Graham Bond Organisation 2:47: “Wade in the Water” is a song that has been recorded by many artists over the years. The version you are referring to is “Wade in the Water (Live at Klux Kliq)” by the Graham Bond Organization. The song was recorded live at the Clock’s Clique Club in London on October 15, 1964. The song is approximately 2 minutes and 47 seconds long.
- “Got My Mind Set on You” James Ray 3:27: “Got My Mind Set on You” is a song written and composed by Rudy Clark and originally recorded by James Ray in 1962 under the title “I’ve Got My Mind Set on You”. This song is approximately 3 minutes and 26 seconds long.
Last Night In Soho Soundtrack also includes:
- “(Love Is Like a) Heat Wave” The Who 1:58
- “Puppet on a String” Sandie Shaw 2:22
- “Land of 1000 Dances” The Walker Brothers 2:35
- “There’s a Ghost in My House” R. Dean Taylor 2:23
- “Happy House” Siouxsie and the Banshees 3:50
- “(There’s) Always Something There to Remind Me” Sandie Shaw 2:44
- “Eloise” Barry Ryan 5:45
- “Anyone Who Had a Heart” Cilla Black 2:50
- “Last Night in Soho” Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich 3:17
- “Neon” Steven Price 3:07
- “Downtown (A Capella) †” Anya Taylor-Joy 1:19
- “Downtown (Uptempo) †” Anya Taylor-Joy 3:29
- “You’re My World †” Anya Taylor-Joy 3:03
Original Motion Picture Score of Last Night In Soho “Neon” Steven Price 5:08
- “Downtown (Downtempo)” Anya Taylor-Joy 5:34
- “The Beginning” Steven Price 0:59
- “When I Feel More At Home” Steven Price 1:11
- “I’m With You To The End” Steven Price 1:41
- “You Look Familiar To Me” Steven Price 1:26
- “You Know You’re Not Asleep” Steven Price 2:19
- “Handsy” Steven Price 4:30
- “You Know Where To Find Me” Steven Price 2:40
- “No Male Visitors” Steven Price 3:48
- “Just Come In Dearie” Steven Price 1:13
- “(There’s) Always Something There to Remind Me” Sandie Shaw & Steven Price 2:57
- “A Vision From the Past” Steven Price 4:01
- “Feel Free To Run a Mile” Steven Price 1:36
- “Leave Me Alone” Steven Price 4:47
- “You Tell Her I Said Hello” Steven Price 3:04
- “Hopes and Dreams” Steven Price 5:29
- “Little Liar” Steven Price 1:22
- “You’re My World (Soho Version)” Anya Taylor-Joy & Steven Price 2:18
- “Help” Steven Price 2:33
- “You Have To Let Me Go” Steven Price 3:45
- “Downtown (Soho Version)” Anya Taylor-Joy 1:20
Last Night In Soho Soundtrack: The soundtrack is available on Spotify, where you can listen to the entire album of songs and the score. You can also watch the official trailer of the film on YouTube, where you can get a glimpse of the story and characters. The movie was released on October 29, 2021, in the United States and the United Kingdom.