Past Lives Soundtrack Originally released on 9 June 2023 under the label name of A24 Music. The Past Lives soundtrack is a collaboration between Christopher Bear and Daniel Rossen, members Grizzly Bear Band.
The soundtrack features a mix of original compositions and covers, all of which are inspired by the film’s themes of love, loss, and identity.
Past Lives Soundtrack
Our list for Past Lives Soundtrack includes the Original Motion Picture Soundtrack along with some additional songs that play in the movie but are not included in the official soundtrack of the movie.
The additional songs will be available to play on Spotify and the original soundtrack is available on Amazon Music and Apple Music. Here is the list of songs in the Past Lives soundtrack, along with the singers.
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
By Christopher Bear & Daniel Rossen
Christopher Robert Bear is a drummer and multi-instrumentalist member of the Brooklyn-based indie-rock group Grizzly Bear. Bear joined the group with singer Ed Droste for contributions first record, Horn of Plenty. He also contributed to Earl Greyhound’s self-titled EP in 2004.
Daniel Rossen,41, is an American singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist. His Genre includes Alternative/Indie. All the listed songs are composed by Christopher Bear & Daniel Rossen.
- If You Leave Something Behind
- You Gain Something Too
- Do You Remember Me
- I Remember You
- Across the Ocean
- Crossing II
- In Yun
- We Live Here
- Why Are You Going to New York
- Staring at a Ghost
- An Immigrant and a Tourist
- Eight Thousand Layers
By Sharon Van Etten
- Quiet Eyes: The Song Quiet Eyes song belongs to the Past Lives album. It was released in 2023. Songs genre include Alternative/Indie.
- Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye by Leonard Cohen: The song “Hey, That’s No Way to Say Goodbye” is composed by Leonard Cohen. The song was first released in November 1967 on a version by Judy Collins on her album Wildflowers. The following month, Cohen’s own version was released on his debut album Songs of Leonardo Cohen.
- 너무 아픈 사랑은 사랑이 아니었음을 (Too Painful Love Was Not Love) by Kim Kwang Seok: The lyrics of the song negotiate the pain of love and the realization that if love is too much, it is not love at all.
- Nice by 5 Alarm: 5 Nice song is composed by Off the Charts: World Album and this song was released in 2019.
- Officer of the Year by Paul Eakins’ Circus Calliope: “Officer of the Year” is a song by Paul Eakins’ Circus Calliope. This song is part of the album “Circus Days, 2” and was released in 2009.
- Don’t Look Back (Mono) by Them: This is the Northern Ireland theme song performed by Van Morrison. The song was released in 1965 as part of the album “The Angry Young Dame”. This song is an excellent example of the garage rock style that most of this music utilizes.
- You Know More Than I Know by John Cale: “You Know More Than I Know” is composed by John Cale. The lyrics seem to discuss the threats of the past and the realization that they are no longer doomed. The song refers to reading the morning news and the infinity ahead.
The song “Stay” by Cat Power is used in the film’s trailer, and it has become one of the most popular songs from the soundtrack. The song is a beautiful and haunting ballad about love and loss, and it perfectly captures the emotional journey of the film’s characters.